07 September 2012

Jaguar...

Good byes are hard.  It's been a rough couple of weeks as we recently had to say good bye to a much loved furry family member.  Jaguar, Jag, Jiggy, Jiggy Jaguar, J- Diggity.  Thirteen years of memories, snuggles, and love with my travel companion.  We buried him by the barn at my parents house with a catnip bush.  It was the hardest decision I have EVER had to make.



In the last 3 weeks, he had deteriorated very quickly and I knew I had to do it.  It was a seriously tough few days.  Now that I'm home, I find myself looking for him in his favorite spots; the overstuffed chair where his bed and blanket were, the sunny bay window, the stack of blankets by the couch.  It takes my breath away when it hits me that he isn't there.  Only one food bowl now, and Rueger is sticking to me like glue. At this very moment, he is pressed up against my leg.   He has been chattering up a storm and doesn't let me too far out of his sight.  He watched me the whole time I was in the kitchen yesterday, sat in the corner like a sentry.  I think he's missing his brother too.

We miss you Jaggy Boy.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly and Brian, too. I feel for you guys so much. Jiggy was always Kels boy thru thick and thin. I dread the day we have to make that decision-it will be hell, as it was for you. Love you guys. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi. I truly is the hardest thing. I hope that it's not a decision you have to make for a long, long time! I really was my buddy.

    ReplyDelete