20 May 2009

There's A Snake on my Deck!

AHHH, there's a SNAKE on my deck!

Good thing it's for Jamie's B-day gift, or I would have run shreaking back into the house and locked the door! (Snakes are sneaky...)

He's pretty darn cute, isn't he? I am totally proud of myself! I developed the pattern all by myself! I'll tell you though, stuffing this sucker was NOT easy. And since I have 2 more snakes on request for back to back July birthdays, (well, actually one snake on request, Brian's nephew's birthday are about a week apart and Zach really thinks he needs one, he will be 6. Travis will be 2, and to keep things simple, 2 snakes it is) I am heading to the hardware store for some pipe! I believe it is going to be a green summer too around here folks!

*Edited to add: The Sneaky Snake Pattern is available, leave me a comment if you are interested! I will email it to you! If there is enough interest, I will work on making it into a pdf file...

We made the Asian Pork Satays from Cuisine Grilling again last night, and we remembered to get a picture.
I only made half of the marinate, and it was still plenty, so I will edit the recipe shortly! It's super high in sodium!
A lot of bloggers out there have a project ticker in their sidebar, however, I am completely dense when it comes to super cool things like that and have no earthly idea how to add one!  Aren't these GREAT!!! They only take one skein of the homespun with 2 strands held together. AND they fit ME great until Brian shoved his huge paws in them and told me how much longer he wanted his in the wrist, thumb, and palm! Thanks HONEY!!!!
I may spend the weekend, or at least a few hours of the weekend re-writing this pattern in the round, the seam is kind of bulky and annoying when you have them on, but other than that, they are great mittens. Does it sound like I already made up my mind? Yep, I do believe I will be frogging the bolero this weekend. NOW I just have to find the right scarf and hat patterns, yeah!
Oh, and have you seen these yet? Can I tell you how much I adore them? I truely do adore them and I want a pair that are cabled, and a pair that are cabled with a different cable than the first. People, you will be seeing a lot of these in my future. I love making wristlets! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE making these! 1 Skein of yarn! Yes, only one! With left over!!! I don't know, do you think they need little crochet flowers clustered at the back of the hand? PLEASE!!! ADD YOUR COMMENT and tell me your opinion... I really can't decide!

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, Kel!

    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snake! The mittens are really cool, too Maybe they need rhinestones? xo CU tomorrow. xo
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snake! The mittens are really cool, too Maybe they need rhinestones? xo CU tomorrow. xo

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete