06 April 2010

Meatless Monday, Issue #1...

I feel that having a meat-free meal on occasion has great benefit...  Brian looked at me funny when I told him  to expect this once a week, but oh well, he's not doing the cooking...  So here is Issue #1 of Meatless Mondays...

Farro, Avocado, Cucumber & Cherry Tomato Salad from Cooking Light

I could have eaten the WHOLE bowl - delish!  I had never had Farro before, but it has a nice nutty, sweet, chewy texture.  Oh, I don't love Cilantro, so I substituted Parsley which I was chopping for the soup anyhow.

Bean and Pasta Soup from Issue #7, November 2003 Everyday Food Magazine

Yummy!


On a different note, my parents dog, Mac, has been sick for the past week and just came home from a stay at the Vet's office right before Easter.  I was sitting on the couch working on a vest for my dad with yarn from Ireland that smells like a sheep, and these are a few pics of the poor pooch having a snooze with me...

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I want to try the first one! I am into lentil salad lately, but that looks great! Poor Sir Mackie. He is such a good boy.. Hope he is better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad was sooo good! I think Mac is feeling a little better, depending on the day. He just doesn't have the spunk that he used to...

    ReplyDelete