05 November 2010

Lentil Soup on a chilly night


I have been looking for a good lentil soup recipe for a couple of years now, and for some reason have been afraid to make it.  Well, I got the urge again this week and bit the bullet this time!  Here is the recipe I used.   I did follow the advice of one reviewer and added the crushed tomatoes and wine after it had simmered for a couple of hours.  I then used my immersion blender to puree it a bit and it has thickened up nicely.  The corn muffins made a great side for the soup. And yes, I ate all three, with honey!

Thankfully, this made a nice big pot, so I don't have to worry about what to feed my dad for lunch on Saturday.  Mom is having a girls weekend, and since it's hunting season, we will be heading "up north" and I promised her I wouldn't let him starve.  I might even make him some cookies too... if he makes me apple cinnamon pancakes for breakfast!  I think I can persuade him.

Apparently I wasn't the only one with Lentil Soup on my mind this week...  Jennifer at JCasa, a blog that I read often made a different recipe this week that looks equally delish.  I'm keeping it in mind for my next attempt!  Thanks Jennifer for letting me link your post here!

I am welcoming the chillier weather because I LOVE soups.  I have a few others lined up for the chilly nights coming up, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment