19 March 2011

Charmed, I'm sure...

I am absolutely charmed by this adorable little handbag from Bend The Rules Sewing.  I've had the Charming Handbag (p.64) on my to-do list for ages and it has been on my mind all week.  I am in love with the dots pattern. Seriously.  It's a bit on the tiny side, so I think I will make it a bit bigger next time around, but for the first time, I'm a happy camper.  I did use the Bend the Rules Sewing Flickr group a bit. And got distracted looking at all the projects for a while...  but this was a quick little project, love it!

I did make a couple of slight changes.  I used muslin, because I did not have cotton flannel.  It's on my Joann's list now, but none in the stash.  I didn't top stitch around the bag because a) it would have stitched over the casing and b) I just didn't think it would look right.
Aak!  The dots, such cuteness!
Changes I would make next time:
1)  Make the bag bigger.
2)  Make the straps longer.
3)  Make the casings a bit wider and move them down a bit more than the 1/2" listed.  They are quite close to the top.


Happy Belated St. Patty's Day!  We got a great Corned Beef from Wigley's Market in Eastern Market.  The best Corned Beef in the "D" in my opinion.  I actually roasted taters this year instead of boiling them, and we were pretty happy with the results.  Reubens on the menu for tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment