21 March 2011

Reading Pillow

This one is going to live in my room at the lake house.  I find it very cheerful!

I loved Meg's pattern for a reading pillow from the moment I saw it and have now had the pattern for about a year (maybe 2?)   I've had the fabric and supplies for 2 pillows for a while now too.  Of course I need one for home and one for the lake...  I was on a roll after finishing the Charming Handbag on Saturday, so I began scouring my fabric stash and low and behold, the reading pillow popped out at me.  PERFECT!  I finished one on Saturday night and the second on Sunday.  I was so proud of myself that I took them to book club on Sunday night to show off my craftiness and my girlfriend bought one off me on the spot and requested 2 more!  Hence, the single pillow in the picture...  Oh darn.  I have to go to Joann's AGAIN and browse through fabric...  what shall I do?  
Here is the pillow in use.  It's holding Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing.  I may be making these napkins soon...

Oh, and our Reubens on Saturday night turned out yummy too.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I bought too much fabric to recover my dining chairs, so I am thinking the extra will be a table runner or maybe placemats. This means SEWING for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so addicted to sewing right now. I'm working on a baby blanket for our friends right now too, but I just want to be at my sewing machine! I want to see pics when you are done!

    ReplyDelete